not in my name

--> documenting the death, detention, deportation and dehumanisation of migrants and refugees
--> resisting Fortress Britain, Fortress Europe, Fortress World

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Americas: 'Many drown' in Ecuador shipwreck


from the BBC:

More than 100 people are feared drowned after an Ecuadorean ship carrying illegal migrants sank off the coast of Colombia, local authorities have said.
...
Ecuadorean migrants often use the route across the Pacific Ocean to try to reach the United States.

..."between 115 and 119 people" were on board the ship, which left Manta without permission, the Colombian navy said. The vessel was only intended for 15 passengers

read full story ...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greetings clarrie, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for secretarial work from home in the uk. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - secretarial work from home in the uk. Your post title caught my eye - Americas: 'Many drown' in Ecuador shipwreck. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

    Anyways clarrie, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Americas: 'Many drown' in Ecuador shipwreck... I've enjoyed reading your blog. I was searching for work at home opportunity in the uk sites. I have a home based business and I wanted some ideas and tips. I also have a blog, it is www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com it’s new and it’s getting better all the time. Have a look if you want, but I'm moving house and have not posted in a while. I'll get back to it soon.

    My other site is a work at home opportunity in the uk site. I recently decided to build my own income and I thought I searching for tips would help me become a better mentor.

    Keep up the great work clarrie, I'll be back soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home