UK: the human cost of the war on asylum
The IRR publishes a roll call of death of the 180 asylum seekers and undocumented migrants who have died either in the UK or attempting to reach the UK in the past fifteen years.
- 90 died taking dangerous and highly risky methods to enter the country
- 42 died as an indirect consequence of the iniquities of the immigration/asylum system
- 5 died in prison, police or psychiatric custody
- 28 died in the course of carrying out work
- 15 died on the streets of our cities at the hands of racists
Read more & download the full report
And that's why I've made this blog. Too many people are dying, being imprisoned or being treated as less than human, deserving of less respect and lesser treatment. And not enough people are making a noise about it.